The second edition of Adirondack Rock is here! This comprehensive guide to climbing in the Adirondack park features all climbing routes located on public land, complete with topos, photo diagrams, region maps, approach maps, cliff history and other important information. This awesome two book set contains information on 320 cliffs, comprised of 3,100+ routes and variations. If you want to climb some of the finest, toughest trad climbing routes around, you need Adirondack Rock!
- 320 cliffs—that's 78 new ones since the first edition.
- 3,100+ routes and variations—that's 1,162 new ones.
- Comprehensive: includes every known route.
- Completely revised and updated.
- Full route descriptions in an easy-to-read, comprehensive format.
- New index-by-grade.
- New region maps.
- New crag planners that help you decide where to go.
- 345 action photos.
- 175 photo diagrams (aerial photos with route lines).
- 135 cliff topos.
- 104 approach maps.
- 37 watercolors and pen-and-ink drawings.
- 22 essays written by prominent Adirondack climbers.
- Forewords by Tad Welch (English) and Loïc Briand (French).
- Complete history of every cliff.
- Quality ratings for routes and cliffs (0-5 stars).
- GPS coordinates of every cliff and parking area.
- Two volumes contained in a slipcase, sold together for $40.00.
- Each volume is 5½" x 8½" x 1", 2 pounds; 4 pounds for the set.
- Volume 1 is 560 pages; volume 2 is 544 pages.
- Printed on high-quality glossy paper.
- Full color throughout.
- Strong, smyth-sewn, lay-flat binding with PUR glue.
- ISBN-10: 0-9814702-3-8.
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9814702-3-8.
- Additional Information