The ALPS Caldera is a fully-featured pack for week-long backpacking trips, with numerous included accessories and a price tag that still weighs in below $200.
The Caldera is a one-size pack with an adjustable suspension system that fits torso lengths between 17 and 23 inches. It comes with a medium-size waistbelt standard, and small or extra-large waistbelts are available separately. In addition to the easily-adjusted suspension system, you'll find front and side pockets, a hydration pocket and port, side compression straps, an internal horizontal divider to arrange your gear, and extra large #10 zippers on the lower door. All of these features will ensure that you're ready for a successful and organized hike.
So now you're ready for your trip and your pack is full, but you still have a few things to take along... don't worry! The top of the Caldera pack extends with a spindrift collar, so you can "over pack." The top pocket adjusts up and down to keep it in the correct position and we've included an "Over the Top" compression strap to stabilize your extra gear. When it's time to drop the internal and adventure onto a smaller trail, don't worry about bringing along an additional small fanny pack, because the Caldera's top lid converts to a fanny pack. If that's not enough, the rain cover is included! You don't have to worry about spending additional money on accessories; you can find it all in the Caldera.
- Shoulder Strap Padding Wraps to Back for Maximum Comfort
- Top Pocket Converts to a Fanny Pack
- Rain Cover Included
- Dual Aluminum Frame Stays
- Top Loading - Extendable Top Lid
- Spindrift Collar with Draw Cord
- "Over the Top" Compression Strap
- Hydration Pocket & Port
- Front Access to Main Compartment
- Front Mesh Pocket
- Multiple Side Compression Straps
- Lower Side Bottle Pockets
- Lower Door - #10 Zipper
- Internal Horizontal Divider
- Torso Range: 17" to 23"
- Fabric: Blue Polyester Ripstop
- Capacity: 4500 in³ (74 L)
- Weight: 5 lbs. 15 oz.
- Additional Information