It's hard to plan for your trip when the forecast says "a 30% chance of showers." You might escape without getting rained on at all, or you might get poured on for half an hour. Insure yourself against changing weather with the Arc'Teryx Beta SL jacket, a compressible raincoat that provides weather protection for hikers who don't need a laundry list of mountaineering-specific features.
The Beta SL uses 2.5-layer GORE-TEX® PacLite® fabric, which is as light and packable as its name implies. The jacket is intentionally and unapologetically not climbing-specific; rather, it is designed for those of us who usually don't find ourselves wearing harnesses and helmets in the rain. The shape and volume of the hood, as well as the layout of the pockets, is adjusted accordingly.
- Weight: 314g / 11.1 oz
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ full length front zip
- Adjustable hood, hem & waist drawcords
- Laminated hem
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Uninsulated, Waterproof