Out of all of the insulated women's ski jackets in the GearX inventory, the Arc'Teryx Meta Jacket sits at the pinnacle, making no compromises in either the quality of materials used or the design and construction that makes those materials into a functional garment.
The outer fabric of the Moray Pants is 70-denier GORE-TEX® Pro fabric, which is widely acclaimed as one of the most "bombproof" fabrics on the market in terms of both waterproofness and durability. Inside of that fabric is proprietary Arc'Teryx Coreloft™ synthetic insulation and Coreline™ inner fabric, which provides low-profile warmth for making big turns in high, cold places.
Not only does Arc'Teryx start by buying the best materials, they also put them together in a very distinctive way. The helmet-compatible Storm Hood has a distinct shape that identifies any Arc'Teryx jacket, and the tiny seam tolerances where the panels of fabric meet are another Arc'Teryx hallmark. The result is that even a relaxed-fitting, insulated jacket can end up looking flattering in the hands of Arc'Teryx's talented design team.
Feature list from Arc'Teryx:
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm & 19 mm)
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible Storm Hood™
- Laminated brim
- Stealth hood adjusters
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ full length front zip
- Webbing zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Easy-sliding sleeve lining won't bind on other layers
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two high-volume hand pockets with zips
- Internal chest pocket with zip
- Internal oversize mesh pocket
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure
- Mesh-lined powder guard vents for breathability, designed to prevent snow from entering clothing
- Lift pass loop
- Hidden Recco® reflector
Ever since their founding in Vancouver in 1989, Arc’Teryx has been producing products that demonstrate their philosophy of evolution in action. The company’s mascot, Archaeopteryx Lithographica, was the first reptile to sprout feathers and free itself from the constraints of the horizontal world. Like Archaeopteryx, Arc’Teryx is constantly pursuing new innovations that allow you to do the same.
GearX.com customers often ask why Arc’Teryx items are comparatively expensive. The answer is that unlike other brands which try to hit many different price points for many different customers, Arc’Teryx goes all-out in design and materials on every item they make, whether it’s a mountaineering shell or a cotton t-shirt. This uncompromising commitment to making the best items possible is the true value of the brand.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Insulating