Out of all of the women's ski pants in the GearX inventory, the Arc'Teryx Moray pants sit at the pinnacle, making no compromises in either the quality of materials used or the design and construction that makes those materials into a functional garment.
The outer fabric of the Moray Pants is 70-denier GORE-TEX® Pro fabric, which is widely acclaimed as one of the most "bombproof" fabrics on the market in terms of both waterproofness and durability. That durability is further augmented by armor-like Schoeller® Keprotec™ reinforcements at the ankles, which resist cuts from errant ski edges. The all-star list of materials in the Moray is rounded out by proprietary Arc'Teryx Coreloft™ synthetic insulation and Coreline™ inner liner fabric, which provides low-profile warmth for making big turns in high, cold places.
Not only does Arc'Teryx buy the best materials, they also put them together in a distinctive way. Even a relaxed-fitting pair of insulated ski pants like these take on a flattering appearance in the hands of their skilled design team.
Feature list from Arc'Teryx:
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Articulated knees and seat
- Front fly with snap closure
- Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Keprotec™ instep patches provide superior protection against damage by boots, crampons and ski edges
- Mesh-lined powder guard vents for breathability, designed to prevent snow from entering clothing
- Powder cuffs with gripper elastic
- Adjustable integrated webbing belt
- Belt loops
Ever since their founding in Vancouver in 1989, Arc’Teryx has been producing products that demonstrate their philosophy of evolution in action. The company’s mascot, Archaeopteryx Lithographica, was the first reptile to sprout feathers and free itself from the constraints of the horizontal world. Like Archaeopteryx, Arc’Teryx is constantly pursuing new innovations that allow you to do the same.
GearX.com customers often ask why Arc’Teryx items are comparatively expensive. The answer is that unlike other brands which try to hit many different price points for many different customers, Arc’Teryx goes all-out in design and materials on every item they make, whether it’s a mountaineering shell or a cotton t-shirt. This uncompromising commitment to making the best items possible is the true value of the brand.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Insulating, Waterproof