The Arc'Teryx Sabre pants are a high-end pair of waterproof shell pants for big mountain skiing and freeriding, and are the ideal companion to the jacket of the same name. They are cut from GORE-TEX® Soft Shell, which is not really a soft shell material (don't blame us, we didn't name it!) but it is nevertheless an excellent hard shell material for ski-specific apparel, with its distinctively smooth, supple, snow-shedding outer face fabric and just a whisper of fleeciness on the inside. It's highly protective and durable stuff - even the wettest Cascade storm day won't touch you inside these pants.
Of course, using nice materials is only half the battle (you could hand me a bolt of GORE-TEX and a sewing machine, and see what happens then) and the design part of the equation is when you really want to have Arc'Teryx on your side. Their clothing is meticulously constructed for a fit that's both functional and good-looking, even in a relaxed-fit ski pant like these.
Feature list from Arc'Teryx:
- Lightly insulated
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Thigh vents
- Articulated knees and seat
- Gusseted crotch
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Front fly with snap closure
- Two cargo pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Two hand pockets with flaps
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Hidden Recco® reflector
- Powder cuffs with gripper elastic
- Heat transfer logo
- Belt loops
- Removable waist belt
Ever since their founding in Vancouver in 1989, Arc’Teryx has been producing products that demonstrate their philosophy of evolution in action. The company’s mascot, Archaeopteryx Lithographica, was the first reptile to sprout feathers and free itself from the constraints of the horizontal world. LikeArchaeopteryx, Arc’Teryx is constantly pursuing new innovations that allow you to do the same.
GearX.com customers often ask why Arc’Teryx items are comparatively expensive. The answer is that unlike other brands which try to hit many different price points for many different customers, Arc’Teryx goes all-out in design and materials on every item they make, whether it’s a mountaineering shell or a cotton t-shirt. This uncompromising commitment to making the best items possible is the true value of the brand.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Uninsulated, Waterproof