The Backland FR is Atomic's new collection of freeride powder chargers, and the Women's Backland FR 109 Ski is the collection's versatile selection for hitting the steep and deep. Its Step Down Sidewall 2.0 construction ensures stability on icy terrain, yet remains light for popping out of powder with ease, and it ensures long-lasting durability because you're bound to hit a few sharks every now and then.
The Backland strikes a stunning performance-to-weight ratio for resort or backcountry use. A poplar wood core keeps the ski light enough for quick tours, while the carbon backbone ensures agility and edge hold when you're cranking big turns down big, open terrain. Skied by professional powder player Molly Baker, the Backland FR 109 Ski is choice for charging through the deep stuff whether you're in the resort or out.
- Freeride powder chargers with a great performance-to-weight ratio
- 109mm waist width floats in powder and handles hardpack
- Powder Rocker excels in powder, crud, and everything in between
- Step Down Sidewall 2.0 construction is light, durable, and stable
- Light poplar wood core with carbon backbone
- Profile: Power Rocker (tip and tail rocker, camber underfoot)
- Construction: Step Down Sidewall 2.0 (sandwich)
- Core: Light Woodcore (poplar), Carbon Backbone
- Tail: rockered
- Claimed Weight: 3 lb 11.9 oz
- Recommended Use: powder, freeride
Ski Length 159 167 175 Tip Width 131mm 132mm 133mm Waist Width 109mm 109mm 109mm Tail Width 121mm 122mm 123mm Sidecut Radius 15.5m 16.5m 17.5m
- Additional Information
Underfoot Width (mm) 109 Ski Length (cm) 150-159, 160-169, 170-179 Ski Profile Camber With Rocker Tip & Tail Terrain Big Mountain, Powder