Preventing or minimizing burial depth is the key to reducing avalanche fatalities. That’s because the majority of time in an avalanche rescue is spent on excavating the victim. An airbag is designed to keep you at or near the surface, minimizing excavation time. BCA's Float avalanche airbags are the first airbags that are both affordable and easily reusable. A wide network of BCA-authorized refill centers provide unmatched service to Float purchasers. A small 2,700-psi (186 bar) compressed-air cylinder (sold separately), single-chamber 150-liter airbag, and super efficient venturi system make the Float systems easy to refill, light and affordable.
Note: The required Air Cylinder is sold separately, and can be found here.
Float 22 vs. Float 32:
- The Float 22 is 5.6 lbs and the Float 32 is 6.5 lbs.
- The Float 22 does not have load lifters, ice axe loops, lined goggle pocket and is not hydration compatible (no designated sleeve for hydration hose).
- Both have designated avalanche tool compartments.
- The Float 22 has 22 liters of packable space.
- The trigger on the Float 22 is on the left side (intended for right hand use) and cannot be switched to the right side.
BCA Probe and Shovel Compatibility:
- The Float 22 is compatible with all probes, although only partially compatible with the Stealth 300. The Stealth 300 only fits in the main storage compartment.
- The Float 22 is compatible with all shovels except the B-52 and is partially compatible with the Dozer. The Dozer handle only fits in the main storage compartment.
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)