Preventing or minimizing burial depth is the key to reducing avalanche fatalities. That’s because the majority of time in an avalanche rescue is spent on excavating the victim. An airbag is designed to keep you at or near the surface, minimizing excavation time. BCA's Float avalanche airbags are the first airbags that are both affordable and easily reusable. A wide network of BCA-authorized refill centers provide unmatched service to Float purchasers. A small 2,700-psi (186 bar) compressed-air cylinder (sold separately), single-chamber 150-liter airbag, and super efficient venturi system make the Float systems easy to refill, light and affordable.
Note: the required Air Cylinder is sold separately and can be found here.
Float 32 vs. Float 22:
- The Float 32 is 6.5 lbs and the Float 22 is 5.6 lbs.
- The Float 32 has load lifters, ice axe loops, lined goggle pocket and is hydration compatible (designated sleeve for hydration hose).
- Both have designated avalanche tool compartments.
- The Float 32 has 32 liters of packable space.
- The trigger on the Float 32 can be switched to either the right or the left side.
BCA Probe and Shovel Compatibility:
- The Float 22 is compatible with all BCA probes.
- The Float 32 is compatible with all BCA shovels except for the B-52.
- Additional Information
Collection Outlet Deals