Inspired by avalanche probes, Black Diamond’s Z-pole technology allows ski and trekking poles to be super small while stored and then with a simple upward pull on the handle the pole instantly reaches it's full height. The super-short collapsed length (just 15 or 16 inches, depending on total length chosen) makes it ideal for multi-day skiing and snowshoeing endeavors where pack space is at a premium. While many of ultra-light backpacking-oriented Z-poles are not height-adjustable, the Compactor ski pole adds a single FlickLock section for up to 20cm of adjustability. Bringing our innovative folding Z-Pole technology to winter sports, the Black Diamond Compactor is a four-season aluminum pole that collapses to an ultra-compact package for easy storage.
Feature list from Black Diamond
- 3-section foldable aluminum Z-Pole with speed cone deployment
- Efficient Series grip with fluted interior for weight reduction
- Efficient Series strap with lightweight webbing and plastic ladder-lock buckle
- Textured grip extension for quick, secure choke-ups
- 100 mm Removable Compact Powder Baskets with 2-section pole capture
- FlickLock adjustability up to 20 cm
- Pole lengths: 105-125 cm / 115-135 cm
- Additional Information
Collection Discount Ski Gear Sale
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
basically what the flicklocks should rationally be
The ever popular flick-locks are simplified here. The z with yank to expand thanks to the tent pole like linking. Haven't had then extended yet, but this is a good deal. They are similar to the distance pole. There is grip tape like material on the uppers. Will use for winter hikes and likely splitboarding.
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)