Inspired by avalanche probes, Black Diamond’s Z-pole technology allows ski and trekking poles to be super small while stored and then with a simple upward pull on the handle the pole instantly reaches it's full height. The super-short collapsed length (just 15 or 16 inches, depending on total length chosen) makes it ideal for multi-day skiing and snowshoeing endeavors where pack space is at a premium. While many of ultra-light backpacking-oriented Z-poles are not height-adjustable, the Compactor ski pole adds a single FlickLock section for up to 20cm of adjustability. Bringing our innovative folding Z-Pole technology to winter sports, the Black Diamond Compactor is a four-season aluminum pole that collapses to an ultra-compact package for easy storage.
Feature list from Black Diamond
- 3-section foldable aluminum Z-Pole with speed cone deployment
- Efficient Series grip with fluted interior for weight reduction
- Efficient Series strap with lightweight webbing and plastic ladder-lock buckle
- Textured grip extension for quick, secure choke-ups
- 100 mm Removable Compact Powder Baskets with 2-section pole capture
- FlickLock adjustability up to 20 cm
- Pole lengths: 105-125 cm / 115-135 cm
- Additional Information
Collection Outlet Deals
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
basically what the flicklocks should rationally be
The ever popular flick-locks are simplified here. The z with yank to expand thanks to the tent pole like linking. Haven't had then extended yet, but this is a good deal. They are similar to the distance pole. There is grip tape like material on the uppers. Will use for winter hikes and likely splitboarding.
Write Your Own Review