Packable to the size of a soup can that easily stows away in a jacket pocket, the superlight Couloir harness is designed to be the essential skiing and mountaineering harness. Quick-release leg loops allow fast and easy changes while wearing skis or crampons, and low-profile webbing construction allows it to wear comfortably under packs or over clothing. Two webbing gear loops, four Ice Clipper slots and a belay and haul loop complete the package.
- Fast drying nylon-webbing construction with traditional buckle
- Quick-release leg loops for easy on/off, even while wearing skis or crampons
- 2 webbing gear loops and 4 Ice Clipper slots
- Low-profile and flat enough to be worn comfortably under a pack or clothing
- Packs down into a stuff sack small enough to fit into jacket pocket
- 15 kN-rated belay and haul loops
- Series : Ultralight / Compact
- Weight : 230 g (8 oz)
- Haul Loop Rating : 15 kN
- Gear Loops : 2 loops
- Additional Information
Year Spring 2013 Harness Specifications No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great Concept Poor Execution
I bought this harness for all the reasons in the description but mostly for alpine/ice. It was super light and compact. Minimalist which is exactly what i wanted. Fits under a pack nicely when worn. However, on the second day using it, one of the plasyic leg loop buckles snapped while belaying someone. Black diamond said it was not used for climbing but for lowering yourself down when a ski jump is too high. They made good on it sent me an alpine bod. My argument is how different is rappeling or lowering from belaying someone not on lead in regards to stress on the buckle? And if that it is just for lowering then the description on their product is misleading.
And why add a full strength haul line in the back but not use a tougher fastex buckle? Haul lines are not made for lowering yourself in a couloir. And if not for ice climbing, why put ice clipper slots on the harness? Pretty weak response but they made good on the harness. They just need to go a bit further on the buckles and they have a great product!