From unobtrusively packed away to fully extended and ready for use - in just a couple of seconds. With a simple pull of the handgrip, the sections Black Diamond Distance poles pull together and lock into place, so you can spend more time moving and less time fiddling. EVA foam grips and breathable straps wick away sweat, and non-slip, mini grip extensions allows for quick choke-ups on steep uphill sections. Interchangeable rubber and carbide Tech Tips can be easily swapped out for different trail surfaces. Sold in ten-centimeter size increments; each length is fixed and non-adjustable.
With a weight as low as 340g per pair and a collapsed length as short as 13.2 inches, the Distance poles will hold you up without weighing you down.
Feature list from Black Diamond:
- Durable aluminum construction
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment
- Lightweight EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini-grip extension for secure choke ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking rubber Tech Tips, carbide Tech Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folding sections
- NOTE: 3-season Z-Poles do not accept, or have fittings for snow or powder baskets
|Usable Length||Collapsed Length||Weight per pair|
|100 cm / 39 in||33.5 cm / 13.2 in||340 g / 12 oz|
|110 cm / 43 in||36.5 cm / 14.4 in||350 g / 12.3 oz|
|120 cm / 47 in||40 cm / 15.7 in||360 g / 12.7 oz|
|130 cm / 51 in||43.5 cm / 17.1 in||370 g / 13 oz|
ABOUT BLACK DIAMOND
Black Diamond is all about climbing and skiing. The company traces its roots back to 1957, when pioneering rock climber Yvon Chouinard started making pitons on a backyard anvil. In 1989, Chouinard Equipment Ltd. became Black Diamond Equipment, and these days the company offers a vast array of equipment for all kinds of mountain activities.
Here at GearX.com, we sell more Black Diamond items than any other brand. From avalanche gear to Z-Poles, Black Diamond has the right tools for your adventure.