With its revolutionary, patent-pending design made possible by an in-house hot forge, the Black Diamond GridLock Screwgate carabiner eliminates the dangers of cross loading. Designed specifically for belaying, the intuitive, easy-to-use GridLock isolates the belay loop behind its uniquely shaped gate, thereby keeping the carabiner in its proper orientation. The GridLock's I-beam spine transitions into a large, rounded rope-bearing surface for maximum strength and smooth rope feeding. Simply put, you'll never have to deal with a shifting, cross-loaded belay carabiner again.
- Hot-forged construction
- Patent-pending design eliminates cross loading while belaying
- I-beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design
- Screwgate sleeve
- Weight : 76 g (2.7 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength : 22 kN (4.946 lb/f)
- Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lb/f)
- Minor Axis Strength : 7 kN (1,574 lb/f)
- Gate Opening : 21 mm (.83 in)
*Blemished* This item is a cosmetic second. It is fully functional, strength tested, and warranted; we procure these by the hundreds directly from the manufacturer. We usually cannot even tell what the blemishes are, but we are happy to pass the savings on this item on to you!
- Additional Information