With its revolutionary, patent-pending design made possible by our in-house hot forge, the Black Diamond GridLock Screwgate eliminates the dangers of cross loading. Designed specifically for belaying, the intuitive, easy-to-use GridLock isolates the belay loop behind its uniquely shaped gate, thereby keeping the carabiner in its proper orientation. The GridLock's I-beam spine transitions into a large, rounded rope-bearing surface for maximum strength and smooth rope feeding. Simply put, you'll never have to deal with a shifting, cross-loaded belay carabiner again.
- Hot-forged construction
- Patent-pending design eliminates cross loading while belaying
- I-beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design
- Screwgate sleeve
- Weight : 76 g (2.7 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength : 22 kN (4.946 lb/f)
- Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lb/f)
- Minor Axis Strength : 7 kN (1,574 lb/f)
- Gate Opening : 21 mm (.83 in)
You should check and see if we have a cosmetic second version of this carabiner available at a lower price.
- Additional Information