The lightest ski in Black Diamond's line and ideal for high-altitude descents, ski mountaineering races and any dawn-to-dusk day in the backcountry, the Black Diamond Helio 88 shaves grams without sacrificing performance. The Helio’s pre-preg carbon fiber layup makes it extremely light for long approaches and technical ascents, but helps maintain a smooth flex and torsional stiffness for reliable, responsive skiing on the way down. Early rise in the tip and tail improves flotation and trail-breaking efficiency, and an ABS tail protector also has an integrated skin-clip tab to keep your skins secure.
PLEASE NOTE: According to Black Diamond the Helio cannot accept telemark bindings.
- Technical 88-mm waist with early rise tip and tail
- Pre-preg carbon fiber layup offers torsional stiffness and balanced flex
- Ultralight engineered balsa flax wood core
- 5 mm beveled ABS sidewalls
- ABS tail protector with integrated skin-clip tab
- Optimal use: 30% soft snow/70% hard snow
Weight Per Pair:
- [158 cm] 2.1 kg (4 lb 9 oz)
- [168 cm] 2.4 kg (5 lb 3 oz)
- [178 cm] 2.6 kg (5 lb 13 oz)
- [158 cm] 119-88-110
- [168 cm] 121-88-111
- [178 cm] 123-88-112
Construction: Pre-preg carbon layup, ABS sidewalls and ultra light engineered balsa flax wood core.
- [158 cm] 17 m
- [168 cm] 18 m
- [178 cm] 19 m
- Additional Information
Collection New Arrivals Underfoot Width (mm) 88 Ski Length (cm) 150-159, 160-169, 170-179 Ski Profile Camber With Rocker Tip & Tail Terrain Backcountry, Randonnee, Ski Mountaineering
- Product Videos
Black Diamond Helios Skis