An Outdoor Gear Exchange favorite, the Black Diamond Mega Light weighs less than many two person tents but has room for four. Those weight savings come from the floorless design, but since many tenters carry a ground cloth anyway you'll still have a waterproof (and dirtproof) barrier between you and the ground.
The ultra versatile, floorless Mega Light Tent pulls duty for nearly anything you can dream up: from emergency tarp shelter to luxury glacier dinning room to an ultralight shelter for months-long thru-hikes.
- Four-person capacity with single zippered opening
- Rugged carbon fiber center pole
- 30d SilNylon
- Pole Link Converter™ for ski/trekking pole set-up
- Optional floor and bug netting available
- Requires seam sealing with McNett Sil-Net Sealer (not included)
- Season : 4
- Capacity : 4
- Doors : 1
- Average Packed Weight : 1.27 kg (2 lb 13 oz)
- Minimum Weight : 1.05 kg (2 lb 5 oz)
- Dimensions : 218 x 218 x 145 cm (86 x 86 x 57 in)
- Packed Size : 13 x 25 cm (5 x 10 in)
- Outside Height : 170 cm (66 in)
- Usable Height : 145 cm (57 in)
- Usable Floor Space : 4.7 m² (50.7 sq ft)
- Total Coverage : 7.2 m² (81 sq ft)
- Additional Information
Shelter Type Non-Freestanding Tent, Tarp Capacity 4 person Season 3 season, 4 season Doors 1 Door Floor Area 50.7 ft2 | 4.7 m2 Tent Floor Area sq feet 51 Floor Dimensions 86x86 in | 218x218 cm Peak Height 57 in | 145 cm Number of Poles Two trekking/ski poles Packaged Weight 2 lb 13 oz | 1.3 kg Trail Weight 2 lb 5 oz | 1.1 kg Tent Trail Weight Oz 37 Packed Size 5x10 in | 13x25 cm
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Can't beat the amount of uses
An awesome shelter for all seasons, the Mega light can be set up in many ways. Suspend the peak from a tree to forgo the pole/trekking pole, save weight, and open up space inside. This can be done high up in the air as a roof for standing. It also is an excellent winter camping shelter. Dig out underneath and you can have Read More...
Can't beat the amount of usesAn awesome shelter for all seasons, the Mega light can be set up in many ways. Suspend the peak from a tree to forgo the pole/trekking pole, save weight, and open up space inside. This can be done high up in the air as a roof for standing. It also is an excellent winter camping shelter. Dig out underneath and you can have standing space in a quick shelter. It also can be combined with the bug net, which also packs down pretty small. The simple design just allows for lots of options. Requires staking out or tying down, so budget some more time in the desert or in tough soils.
Get creative, this tent is super capable!
Write Your Own Review