Deep days and epic terrain come with their fair share of avalanche hazards, and the Black Diamond Pilot 11 JetForce Pack stores your essential gear and provides a truly innovative addition to your avalanche tool kit. Our go-to minimalist backcountry pack featuring JetForce Technology, the Pilot is ideal for heli laps, cat trips and out-the-gate resort skiing. JetForce Technology, the result of a multi-year collaboration between Black Diamond and PIEPS, is the first avalanche airbag system to use jet-fan inflation. JetForce’s repackable airbag and fully rechargeable electronics system provide zero-cost user practice and travel-friendly performance. The Pilot also features a dedicated avy tools pocket, tuck-away diagonal ski carry and a HiLo helmet holder. Now with updated firmware, the Pilot has you covered when all you need to carry are the essentials.
Click HERE to see a video of the Jetforce in action!
- JetForce Technology airbag system built-in; rechargeable, travel-friendly and extremely durable
- reACTIV suspension with SwingArm™ shoulder straps and zippered backpanel access
- Dedicated avy-tools pocket and single ice-axe attachment
- Tuck-away diagonal ski carry allows airbag to deploy while skis are attached
- HiLo helmet holder, hipbelt stash pocket and internal accessory pocket
- PIEPS automatic self diagnosis performs full system check on every startup
- Travel-friendly, fully rechargeable lithium-ion battery support 4+ deployments per charge
- Cordura airbag made from puncture-resistant automotive material is easy to repack for practice and multiple deployments
- Jet fan inflates 200 L airbag in 4 seconds, and automatically deflates after 3 minutes to create a potential air pocket
- Volume: 11 L (670 cu in)
- Average Stock Weight: 3.2 kg (7 lb 3 oz)
- Materials: 840d Ballistic Nylon, 210d Ripstop Nylon, 315d Cordura®
- Additional Information
Intended Use Backcountry Skiing, Snowboarding, Winter