The Shiva is built from the ground up for female-rippers who need the performance of an alpine-style boot while maintaining ultimate comfort and warmth to hike into the best of the backcountry. Women's-specific liner construction, spoiler and flex 100 combined with 20 degrees of resistance-free touring motion make the Shiva more comfortable and better fitting than its predecessor. Redesigned Women's Power Fit Light Liner features a 3:1 Freeride Series Boa closure system, aerogel-insulated strobel base and articulating zones for touring comfort.
The Shiva comes equipped with Black Diamond Alpine Sole Blocks but is compatible with AT Sole Blocks with integrated tech inserts, which are sold separately.
- Triax Pro Frame: Increased axial power and Black Diamond's stiffest forward flex for powerful, high performance control.
- Power Fit Light Women's Liner: A medium-stiff liner with Black Diamond's 3:1 Freeride Series Boa closure that balances power, reduced weight and touring efficiency.
- Alpine Sole Blocks: Interchangeable blocks on Freeride Series boots. Compatible with AT Sole blocks (sold separately).
- Boa Lacing System: 3:1 Freeride Series Boa closure system wraps the calf for full-length, power strap-style energy transfer as well as touring stability.
- Lasting: A performance-style fit provides a snug heel and forefoot yet leaves room for the toes.
- Strobel-lasted Construction: Stitched around a last to get the proper 3D shape.
- Thermoformable liners: Easily thermoformed to make more room in the heel pocket, tighten up the toe box or accommodate high insteps.
- BD Footbeds: Fit the majority of feet and minimizes problem areas.
- Boot Boards: Allow for a structural posted footbed to plant on and retain the shape for which it was designed.
- Forward Lean Adjustment: Adjustable to three settings between 14-22 degrees of shinbone angle to a flat floor.
- Women's-specific fit: Increased boot board angle and custom calf shape tailored for women.
- Cuff Alignment: Unique forward lean adjustment "floats" to accommodate an adjusted cuff alignment.
- Adjustable Spoiler: Used to micro-adjust forward lean preferences in men's and women's-specific boots.
- Ski/Walk Mode: Generous 20 degree range of resistance-free motion (from -10 degrees to 10 degrees) while touring.
- Overlap Construction: Alpine-style cuff overlap for smooth, progressive flex.
- Additional Information
Binding Compatibility Alpine, AT Ability Level Advanced Thermo-Moldable Liner? Yes Flex Rating Stiff Last Width (mm) 102 Year Fall 2011 Boot Specs
Series : AT Power
Weight Per Pair : 3.8 kg/8 lb 6 oz (size 27)
Boot Liner : Women's Power Fit Light (Thermoformable)
Frame Technology : Triax-Performance
Flex Index : 100
# Buckles : 4
Sole Blocks : Alpine
You may also be interested in the following product(s)