Outdoor Gear Exchange Consignment
We are no longer accepting winter items for consignment. Spring intake will begin on Wednesday, April 1st.
Contact Us: 802-861-7520, firstname.lastname@example.org, @consignmentguru (Twitter), @ogeconsignmentguru (Instagram)
The Outdoor Gear Exchange has an extensive selection of both used and new consignment gear. The Outdoor Gear Exchange prides itself on environmental stewardship, and our consignment program is an integral part of our environmental mission statement.
Donate a portion of your consignment drop-off to the OGE Charitable Grant Fund to support local land access and conservation projects
Launched in October 2013, The OGE Charitable Grant Fund was created to help OGE better give back to our local and regional outdoor community. It is funded through customer-donated money via their consignment accounts. The Fund’s goal is to help organizations acquire tangible acquisitions around access or conservation. Consignors may contribute a portion of their consignment payment to the fund, as agreed upon at the time of consignment. The consignor may allocate a portion of the entire consignment drop-off—or a single item– to go to the Fund. Grants will be awarded to qualifying organizations (non-profits or public school programs) following a seasonal application process for amounts up to $3,000.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the summer 2014 Consignment Charitable Grant Fund!
- Northern Forest Canoe Trail ($1,000), to install a removeable waste privy at the Lawyer's Landing campsite in Enosburg Falls.
- Camel's Hump Nordic Ski Association ($1,500), for the creation of two bridges to replace culverts previously washed out by large rainfall events.
- Fellowship of the Wheel ($1,500), for trail improvements on "Back Door," to provide smoother linkage between Hinesburg Town Forest and Carse trail networks.
Policies and Payment:
Consignee will receive 75% of the item's selling price in store credit or 65% in cash or check. Credit is stored on a personal OGE account that can be used either in-store or on www.gearx.com. The Outdoor Gear Exchange will not contact consignors when their item sells. The Outdoor Gear Exchange reserves the right to discount items up to 10% at any point. Brand new items must be discounted a minimum of 20% of the suggested retail price. The OGE is not responsible for damages incurred while an item is on consignment. There is a 12-day waiting period before payment becomes available to allow for potential returns. Stolen Items will be paid out at their lowest price after 12 days. Although unlikely, if after 6 months any or all of the consigned items remain unsold the Outdoor Gear Exchange has the right re-price the item(s) to sell, and after 1 year has the option to donate said item(s) to charity. The consignee can reprice their items beginning two months from their original consignment date.
Current Item Acceptance List:
This list is not comprehensive and is dependent on space constraints which change daily. Final decisions are made once the item is reviewed in store.
We will accept consignment anytime during our regular business hours, but to keep consignment running smoothly, please try to arrive an hour before we close.
|Currently Taking (final decisions made in store)||Not Taking|
Instructions for mail-in consignment:
If a trip to Burlington is not convenient for you, you are welcome to mail in your consignment.
- You are responsible for the cost of mailing items to us, and also for the cost of shipping back refused items. Otherwise, said items will be donated.
- Please email a list of potential items to consignment staff prior to shipping stuff to us. We may be able to rule some items out immediately, saving you money.
- Items should be mailed to:
- Upon receipt of items, we will suggest pricing, write up a consignment contract, and mail it to you for your final review and agreement.
- To redeem your money, you may request to have a check mailed to you or you may spend your money online on our website.
Information about donations:
The Outdoor Gear Exchange consignment department makes regular clothing donations to local charitable organizations. Recipients of these donations are non-profit organizations who work on behalf of local community members. In the past, we have made donations to The Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program, Spectrum Youth and Family Services, The Burton CHILL Program, Howard Center and The DREAM Program. If you are interested in receiving clothing donations from the Outdoor Gear Exchange please contact the consignment area at 802-861-7520.