The Gold 10 backcountry snowshoes feature a modified tear drop shaped frame to maximize maneuverability and provide enough surface area to “float” you and your pack. This combination of design features and components makes the best backcountry snowshoes for all conditions, on or off trails. Large enough and light enough to float you and your backpack full of cheddar and stout across vast tracks of land buried in bottomless snow. The binding on the Gold 10 is a larger version of the dual cam locking design Crescent Moon puts on all its Gold series of shoes, but the “larger” version fits up to size 15 and down to approximately size 10 (men’s). A perfect fit for you Sasquatched sized guys.
The Gold 10 also has an additional set of traversing claws located on each side of your foot, near the ball and where you exert the greatest pressure and control whenever you find yourself on icy, steep conditions. The traction is strategically located, as opposed to other brands who position their crampons ostentatiously dense across the bottom of the shoe adding unnecessary weight.
Whether you’re carrying a backpack, or hauling a toboggan of cheese through the black forest, the Gold 10 is your light and shiny armor for such duty. Two colors to choose from, candy apple red or lollipop blue; Splendor in the woods.
- 4.95 lbs/pair Recommended for snowshoers up to 225 lbs
- 10 x 32 in, teardrop shaped frame for more athletic feel than traditional shapes
- Large SPL binding system which provides a perfect performance fit
- 3 stainless steel crampons PLUS additional traversing claws
- Candy Apple Red & Lollipop Blue frame colors
- Men’s Backcountry Snowshoes
- Additional Information