It’s not easy improving on a super lightweight biner like the Phantom, but that was DMM's goal when they started to design the Alpha Light.
DMM wanted all the weight advantages of the Phantom, but with better handling and a bigger gate opening. So they kinked the backbone to increase the gate opening and put a grooved pattern on the outside of the biner under the natural holding positions.
The functionality improvements did not end there though – a clean nose design was also added to reduce snagging when clipping or unclipping.
- Ultra lightweight clean nosed wire gate biner
- Strong and super lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle, grippy shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Clean nose profile to reduce snagging
- Closed Gate Strength: 23kN
- Open Gate Strength: 9kN
- Minor Axis Strength: 7kN
- Gate Opening Width: 25mm
- Weight: 32g
- Additional Information