A couple of years ago, DMM decided to expand their cam range by producing a single stem design with a dual axle. That sounds like a fairly simple task, but things get more complicated once you start trying to make a cam that stands head-and-shoulders above the rest. Fortunately, DMM is up to the challenge.
The main advantage of the single stem design with two axles is that it allows a greater range for each camming unit. DMM have kept Ray Jardine’s original 13.75° constant camming angle, which gives the perfect balance between holding power and range. The benefits of this increased range are obvious, but DMM knew they could push things to another level by focusing on other aspects of the design.
By introducing the hot forging process for the cam lobes (in sizes 1 to 6) DMM was able to produce a highly sophisticated shape in A6082 alloy for the added bite, and make significant weight savings. They have used strong springs to make the cam sit more securely, which also means they are more resistant to being pulled out of slippy placements and the potential for ‘walking’ is reduced.
- A lightweight single stem cam with dual axles.
- Special thumb grip and trigger bar for easy handling
- Hot forged cam lobes to reduce weight
- A6082 cam lobes for added bite
- Original 13.75° camming angle
- 14kN in passive position (sizes 1-6)
- Fitted with extendable 8mm Dyneema slings
- Colour coded to help you make a speedy identification
- Sold individually
- Additional Information
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great Cam if you can spare the money
- I got the DMM Dragon cam size five and it is the best cam I have ever used! I love the fact that it has an extendible sling and such a short stem the only thing I don't really like is the price. The sling can get a bit finicky but it is really nice because you don't have to carry as many slings and the short stem makes it really compact on your rack. I have used many types of cams including Black Diamond(C3's and C4's), Metolius(many types), other DMM cams but this cam is the best by far however the Metolius Master cam is my favorite small cam. Overall the DMM Dragon Cam is an excellent cam if you can spare the extra fifteen dollars or so.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $64.95
Starting at: $59.95
Price From: $64.95
Starting at: $99.95