The Dynafit Huascaran is what happens when hard-charging big-mountain skis and featherlight touring skis collide. Named after the highest mountain in Peru, the Dynafit team rode these skis straight down from the 22,205' peak of Nevado Huascarán itself, amid razor-sharp ridges, great powder, cold temperatures, breakneck slopes, and rugged glaciers. The Huascaran manages to provide the security and stability needed for such a high-risk big mountain setting, while still weighing in at just 1850 grams per pair in a 186 cm length. That's why they call this ski the "Lord of the Cordillera Blanca."
- Isocore construction - ultralight paulownia wood core with raised bamboo and beech stringers that provide excellent vibration dampening and a high degree of torsional strength, especially on wider skis
- Core is topped by a fiberglass/carbon hybrid laminate with Titanal inserts for outstanding durability
- Electra Race sintered graphite base
- Tail rocker - gently increasing radius along the tail allows good control at high speed, even on steep, icy terrain
- Triple radius - the comparitively short radius of 20 m at the binding, designed especially for extra-wide skis, allows excellent edge grip on steep ice.
- Micro sidewall - Dynafit has reduced weight by using less material in the sidewalls, but not as the expense of strength. These sidewalls are laid up in deeper horizontal layers, making them 1.5 times stronger and more impact-resistant than conventional sidewalls.
- Scoop rocker - the evenly increasing radius up to the ski tip allows smooth and steady ride on crusty or corn snow.