It's mud season now in Vermont's Champlain Valley (aka "the banana belt") but there's still plenty of snow up high! That means it's time to start selling off our 2012/2013 fleet of demo skis.
Here we have a pair of Dynafit Manaslu 178cm touring skis mounted up with Dynafit Radical ST touring bindings - a $1,199 value. The Manaslu is a super-light touring ski featuring the Paulownia Ride core, with lightweight paulownia wood bracketing raised stringers of bamboo and beech running down the center of the ski for outstanding vibration damping and torsional strength. Thanks to these stringers, the ski returns quickly to its original position, even at high speed and on uneven terrain. A dual radius guarantees super-precise speed control on steep and icy terrain. Our ski manager rates the condition of this pair as a 9.0 out of 10.
- Lightweight Paulownia Ride wood core
- Skin-friendly tip and tail clips
- Rockered tail with a gently increasing radius for control at high speed
- Relatively short 20-meter radius underfoot for edge grip on steep, icy terrain
- Long front radius and short rear radius for steady handling into and out of curves
- Internal carbon-fiber speed stringer for higher torsional rigidity and improved vibration damping
- 3-piece ABS sidewall for better impact resistance against rock and stone
- Scoop rocker at the tip for a smooth ride in rough conditions, i.e. over crusty or corn snow
- Flex tip acts like a mountain bike's suspension fork to absorb impacts
- Additional Information
Sidecut (mm): 122-95-108