The Mercury is the second-stiffest boot in the Dynafit line after the hard-charging Vulcan. Like its super-rigid sibling, the Mercury combines high-end downhill skiing performance with the lightness and walk-ability that made the earlier TLT 5 boots so popular among the best skiers in the world.
The chief difference between the Mercury and the Vulcan is that the Mercury uses a fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic polyurethane in the rear of the cuff, which is a little bit heavier than the carbon fiber used on the Vulcan, but it helps keep the price of the boot from soaring into the stratosphere. The front of the cuff is molded with Pebax, as it is on many other boots in the line. With its Grilamid lower shell and magnesium buckles, the Mercury weighs in at world-class weight of 1,600 g per boot (size 27.5).
The Mercury is compatible with all touring bindings on the market. The liner is similar to that found in the One series boots, but with a different foam in the upper which is more suited to downhill performance.
- DOWNHILL BOOSTER TONGUE: Add this super-stiff tongue to improve forward support and skiing performance. This will allow you to drive any ski on the market. Remove it for the uphill or for a softer and more forgiving forward flex when skiing down.
- ULTRA-LOCK SYSTEM 2.0: The new articulated cuff buckle which reduces lateral snag compared to the previous version, , easing the transition from SKI to WALK mode and vice-versa.
- DRIVING SPOILER 2.0: The patent-pending rear spoiler slides into the cuff, allowing the widest and smoothest cuff rotation possible. Once the Ultra-Lock system is closed, it becomes locked with the cuff, building a super-stiff downhill structure. It also alleviates friction between cuff and the inner liner, helping to retain your heel in place for better walk-ability and no blisters. The new metal spoiler insert allows the user to adjust forward lean by simply removing or reassembling two fastening Torx screws.
- SWITCH POWER STRAP: The Vulcan's power strap can be removed from the rear cuff attachment and fixed to the downhill booster tongue. The advantages of this system are clear: the tongues cannot be lost because they are linked together, and a velcro band doesn't limit comfort and range of motion while walking.
- INTERNAL CUFF STOPPERS: Two additional stoppers (patented) add to the cuff structure. These two removable inserts can be adjusted according to user preference (the second comes in the box).
- CENTRAL 45o BUCKLE SYSTEM: For this new line we developed a new innovative central buckle which is anchored exactly on the shell pivot points. It offers maximum heel retention on the uphill and downhill. Once tightened, it keeps the cuff and shell compressed and makes the full structure stiffer.
- BUCKLE CABLE RETENTION SYSTEM: Cuff and central buckle catches are developed with a unique retention system which prevents any kind of un-wanted release. It also makes unneccessary any kind of tensioning tuning on the summit for the downhill mode if set correctly at the start of the tour.
- INSULATION: A 3mm polyurethane layer provides adequate insulation.
- FLEX TONGUE DESIGN: The unique shell construction is complered with a soft flex tongue which keeps the snow out and doesn't interfere with the cuff rotation. Fixation on the shell with rivets also improves its torsional rigidity.
- QUICK STEP-IN INSERTS: The pantented Quick-Step-In inserts provide 70% easier step-in to Dynafit bindings.
- DYNAFIT PRO FREERIDE SOLE: The sole features 3 different rubber compounds: soft for the best grip (black), hard for compression resistance on the modern STEP-IN freeride bindings (grey), and medium as the best compromise between grip and abrasion resistance (green).
- Additional Information
Binding Compatibility AT, Tech Ability Level Advanced Thermo-Moldable Liner? Yes Flex Rating Stiff Last Width (mm) 102 Boot Specs
Shell material: Grilamid
Cuff/Spoiler material: Fiberglass-reinforced Grilamid
Buckles: Ultra-Lock System 2.0, magnesium
Forward lean: 15o-18o + release for walking
Cuff rotation: 60o
Sole: Dynafit Pro Freeride
Weight: 1600g (size 27.5)
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
I have a narrow low volume foot and I find the Mercury to be an awesome fit, I normally wear a 25.5 mondo Alpine boot and the 25.5 Mercury fit me well but with that said they seem to run small for the size I would consider going up a 1/2 to a full size from your normal ski boot. If these boots fit your foot I think they are the best compromise between weight, power, range of motion and climbing ability.
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)