Back in the 70s, Wayne Gregory had an idea: that a backpack was something that should be fitted and worn, like a pair of boots, instead of just strapped to your back and carried. Fast-forward to 2013, and the Baltoro 75 is the latest (and one of the greatest) implementations of this vision. It's designed to take on fifty-pound loads and week-long trips with exquisite comfort and convenience.
The Baltoro 75 features Gregory's Response AFS suspension, which features a unique pivoting hipbelt that adapts to a variety of different hip angles. The hipbelt and shoulder straps are well-padded, pre-curved, and interchangeable, so you can swap them out for different sizes if you're not proportioned the same way in every direction. There are two shoulder strap attachment points in each pack, allowing you to fine-tune the fit within each torso size, and the padding on the shoulder straps can be moved inboard and outboard using a unique Velcro system to ensure that it sits just right. One woman, shopping in our retail store, didn't want the straps to press on an old collarbone injury, so she cut the padding out of that one spot and used the outer Velcro part of the shoulder strap to bridge the gap. Only with a Gregory!Feature list from Gregory:
- Response™ AFS Suspension
- Single 7075-T6 aluminum stay
- 3D pre-curved harness and waistbelt components with new LifeSpan EVA foam
- Auto-cant harness technology and Auto-fit waistbelt system
- Thermo-molded backpanel with elastomeric gription technology on the lumbar pad
- Quick draw, easy-to-open drawstring system on main access
- Stash pocket on underside of the top lid
- Top lid can be removed and configured into a fannie pack
- Front pocket, twin side pockets and dual waistbelt pockets
- Hideaway water bottle pocket with bungee to secure bottles
- Hydration sleeve and side easy-to-feed ports for your hose
- DWR coated, water-resistant zippers and dual layer, wear-resistant bottom panel
- 210D DDR and 210D x 420D HD flat weave fabrics
Size Volume Weight Torso Length S 4455 in³ / 73 L 5 lb 10 oz / 2.55 kg 16" - 18" M 4577 in³ / 75 L 5 lb 14 oz / 2.65 kg 18" - 20" L 4760 in³ / 78 L 6 lb 2 oz / 2.80 kg 20" - 22"
- Additional Information
Collection Outlet Deals
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
I have owned 3 Gregory packs this is by far the most comfortable backpack I have ever used. Loaded with 48 pounds it felt like 25. It carries the load evenly, easy to pack. It would be nice to have a couple side pockets, but other than that love it.
Write Your Own Review