We've done it again here at Outdoor Gear Exchange: procured a bunch of sample products from a manufacturer at outrageous prices for your buying pleasure. In this case, it's a batch of Gregory Contour 60 packs, all factory-fresh, unused, and altogether the same as what you would get if you were paying the regular retail price of $279. The only catch is that they are all Mediums, so measure up your torso and hope you win.
New for 2013, Gregory's Contour 60 takes many of the best comfort and convenience features of the company's well-known big packs and delivers them in a package that weighs nearly two pounds less than its deluxe counterparts.
If you did any shopping for Gregory backpacks in the last couple of years, you probably remember that there were two distinct options in the 60-70 liter backpacking category: the Baltoro and Deva series offered the Response AFS suspension, with well-padded, pre-curved, interchangeable shoulder straps and a hipbelt that pivoted up and down to adapt to different hip angles; and the Z and Jade series, whose Jetstream suspension offered lighter weight and more ventilation, but with less padding/structure and customizability.
The new Response LT suspension developed for the Contour series incorporates a lightweight version of the pivoting hipbelt found on Gregory's previous large packs. The shoulder straps are similarly slimmed-down, but not floppy, thanks to Gregory's new Monobond four-layer strap architecture, which combines with the wishbone-shaped wire frame in the Contour to take on loads up to 45 pounds.
The Contour also features the new Trail Smart packing system, which divides the pack into three distinct zones: one for camp gear, one for gear that might be needed during the day on the trail, and one for a camera/snacks/other gear you want to access without taking the pack off. You could organize any other pack in the same way, of course, but Gregory wants to make it easier for beginners. See the video below for the breakdown.
All in all, the Contour is the new "sports car" of the Gregory backpacking lineup: streamlined, easy on the eyes, and ready to hike fast.
- Response™ LT Suspension
- Wishbone Wire frame
- Response™ LT formed auto-fit waistbelt with ventilated air channels
- Harness features MonoBond™ Architecture with thermo-bonded, four layer construction
- Contoured backpanel with breathable spacer mesh and ventilated air channels
- Trail Smart™ Packing System with organization for Camp, Trail and On-the-Go gear
- Highly water resistant top pocket with water proof zipper and sealed seems
- Integrated, color-matched rain cover
- External hydration sleeve attaches directly to internal frame
- Side stash security pocket
- Quick draw closure on main access
- Stash pocket on underside of the top lid
- Large front dump pocket
- Twin oversize side pockets
- Dual waistbelt pockets
- Two-stage compression on lower bag and over main top opening
- Incorporates both 420D and 100D Robic fabrics with UTS coating for the highest possible strength to weight ratio
Size Volume Weight Torso Length S 3539 in³/ 58 L 3 lb 14 oz / 1.76 kg 16"-18" M 3661 in³ / 60 L 4 lb 0 oz / 1.81 kg 18" - 20" L 3783 in³ / 62 L 4 lb 2 oz / 1.87 kg 20" - 22"
Gregory's Product Video:
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)