The Gregory Jade 38 is a weekend-sized pack for hikers with Adirondack overnights and New Hampshire hut trips on their to-do list.
The Jade 38 sits right at the point in the Gregory line where day packs turn into overnight packs. While overnights are where it excels, longer trips are within reach for experienced packers - one GearX staffer hiked the AT with a 32-liter hydration pack. And even though you might not be packing a huge amount of gear into this pack, you still get superb access to it - besides the top collar, the whole front panel opens forward thanks to a rainbow-shaped zipper, and there is a small, separate bottom compartment that can be combined with the main volume via a zippered divider.
The Crossflo DTS suspension on the Jade 38 features a mesh back panel and wire frame for plenty of airflow on hot summer hikes, and the frame and hipbelt team up to support loads up to 35 pounds. The shoulder straps and hipbelt are fixed in place and not size-adjustable like they are on some larger Gregory packs.
Not every backpacking trip has to be a week-long epic. For those short but sweet getaways, the Jade 38 is the Gregory pack of choice.
Feature list from Gregory:
- New CrossFlo DTS Suspension
- Auto-Fit harness system
- Removable raincover in zippered pocket
- Sleeping bag compartment with collapsible zippered shelf
- Dual hydration ports and sleeve
- Front zippered pocket
- Top pocket with key clip and a second stash compartment on underside
- Side compression
- Dual quick access waistbelt pockets
- Dual side mesh pockets
- Dual axe/tool attachment points
- 210D double diamond ripstop and 330D nylon oxford flatweave
Size Volume Weight Torso Length S 2258 in³ / 37 L 3 lb 2 oz / 1.40 kg 16" - 18" M 2380 in³ / 39 L 3 lb 5 oz / 1.50 kg 18" - 20"
- Additional Information