When you've finished cutting weight from every other part of your equipment list, there's one place left to turn: your backpack. Gregory's Jade 60 is the second-largest member of the company's lighter-weight "Z" family of backpacks, dropping nearly a pound and a half from the weight of its more deluxe counterpart, the Deva 60. The Jade 60 features a large front panel zipper that allows easy access to all of the packs' contents, as well as a large and well-cushioned lumbar pad that helps transfer the weight of the load to your hips. Gregory's Jetstream suspension system opens up a little bit more airspace behind your back compared to the Response and Kinetic suspension systems found on other Gregory packs, which helps to keep you cooler on hot summer trips.
The Jade series packs do lack some of the adjustability of their larger Deva series cousins; the shoulder straps are a fixed height and length, and you can't move the padding around with Velcro like you can on the Deva. The hipbelt is still adjustable, if not interchangeable. The Jade 60 is still a very comfortable pack if fitted properly, so take a look at the size chart before you pull the trigger.
- JetStream™ LTS Suspension with thicker foam and 3 waistbelt size adjustment options
- Women’s specific ventilated and moisture wicking harness, waistbelt and backpanel
- All access front zip
- Front zippered pocket
- Dual hydration ports and sleeve
- Removable top lid
- Side, bottom and top compression
- Dual quick access waistbelt pockets
- Exterior side pockets with pass-through compression
- Dual axe/tool attachment points with secure carry under compression flaps
- Water-resistant zippers
- 7001-T6 hollow aluminum stay
- 210D double diamond ripstop and 210D x 420D HD flat weave fabrics
Size Volume Weight Torso Length XS 3295in3 / 54 L 3 LBS 12 OZ / 1.70 KG 14" - 16" S 3600 in³ / 59 L 3 LBS 15 OZ / 1.80 KG 16" - 18" M 3905 in³ / 64 L 4 LBS 1 OZ / 1.85 KG 18" - 20"
- Additional Information