The Gregory Z45 is a weekend-sized pack for hikers with Adirondack overnights and New Hampshire hut trips on their to-do list.
The Z45 sits right at the balance point of the Gregory line in terms of volume and carrying capacity. Overnights are where it excels, but longer trips are within reach for experienced packers. The main compartment is accessible through the top and via a long side-access zipper on the left side. Additional pockets are found on the hood, front of the pack, and the hip belt, so you can stay organized.
The Jetstream LTS suspension featured on the Z45 is anchored by a large and well-padded lumbar pad, which is one of the pack's most-praised features. The shape of the lumbar pad and back panel open up additional airspace behind your back, allowing for better ventilation and giving "Jetstream" its name. The shoulder straps are fixed, but the hipbelt adjusts to a full range of sizes regardless of which torso length you pick, so it can adapt to changing waistlines - changing, we hope, because you're losing weight while through-hiking the PCT, and not the other way around.
Not every backpacking trip has to be a week-long epic. For those short but sweet getaways, the Z45 is the Gregory pack of choice.
- JetStream™ LTS Suspension with 3 waistbelt size adjustment options
- Ventilated and moisture wicking harness and waistbelt
- Side zipper access that goes the length of the pack
- Large stretch mesh front pocket
- Dual hydration ports and sleeve
- Removable top lid
- Side, bottom and top compression
- Dual quick access waistbelt pockets
- Exterior side pockets with pass-through compression
- Single axe/tool attachment points with secure carry under compression flaps
- Water-resistant zippers
- 7001-T6 hollow aluminum stay
- 210D double diamond ripstop and 210D x 420D HD flat weave fabrics
Size Volume Weight Torso Length S 2563in3 / 42 L 3 lb 12 oz/1.70kg 16"-18" M 2807 in³ / 46 L 3 lb 14 oz / 1.75 kg 18"-20" L 3051 in³ / 50 L 4 lb 1 oz / 1.85 kg 20" - 22"
- Additional Information