The Hults Bruk Akka Forester’s Axe is a perfect companion for the wilderness and clearing forest trails.
The Akka features a long, curved 24” American hickory handle paired with a 1.5 lb. axe head for exceptional leverage and power in a lightweight package. The straight knife-ground edge and finger notch near the neck make carving tasks a joy. With a total weight of just 2.2 lbs. the Akka is is ideal for overnight wilderness trips and fantastic for clearing forest trails.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements (replacement sheaths are available).
- Overall Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Handle Length: 24"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
- Additional Information