The Hults Bruk Bjork is a larger splitting axe intended for heavier duties such as splitting large logs as well as processing wood for use in a fireplace.
This item has an axe head weight of 3.5 Lbs and a handle length of 30 inches. The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil.
- This axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements.
- Overall Weight: 4 2/3 lbs.
- Head Weight: 3 1/2 lbs.
- Handle Length: 30"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
- Additional Information