The Hults Bruk Tarnaby is a small, all-purpose hatchet for basic uses such as making kindling, doing light clearing and working in the garden.
This item has an axe head weight of 1.25 Lbs and a handle length of 15 inches. The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. The handle is treated with linseed oil.
- This axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements.
- Overall Weight: 2 1/5 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1 1/4 lbs.
- Handle Length: 15"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
- Additional Information