MICROspikes® deliver unrivaled traction on icy winter trails. Their traction is tough enough to handle any adventure with stainless steel spikes and welded chains. MICROspikes® now feature an integrated toe bale and reinforced eyelets allowing for a 50% lower profile elastomer harness.
- SPIKES & CHAINS: The MICROspikes® feature 12 spikes per foot, with 8 spikes at the forefoot and 4 spikes at the heel. Each spike is 3/8″ long, and the spikes are made from heat-treated stainless steel for excellent durability and corrosion resistance. The independent layout of the spikes helps prevent snow from balling up. Kahtoola’s crampons are created to provide great traction across slippery surfaces.
- Chains and links are also made from stainless steel, and the chains are welded, even further increasing durability. These hold Kahtoola's crampons and ice spikes in place firmly.
- Reinforced eyelets: With extreme durability as their goal, Kahtoola has developed patent-pending reinforced eyelet technology that allows their elastomer bands to be lighter and stronger than ever. The elastomer band’s main body is comprised of stretchy Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a quick and secure fit on a variety of footwear, while the durable Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) eyelet inserts prevent tearing and improve longevity. Kahtoola's crampons can fit on almost every shoe.
- Packability: MICROspikes® pack down to roughly 5″ x 3″ x 2″ in their included tote sack, and weigh between 11 and 14 ounces per pair. They easily fit into a pocket or pack, making them convenient to take on any winter adventure.
- 3/8 Inch spike length (1 centimeter)
- Weights per pair: Small 11.0 oz (312 g); Medium 11.9 oz (338 g); Large 13.1 oz (372 g); Extra Large 13.5 oz (382 g)
- Pack size: 5 x 3 x 2 inches (30 in3)
- 12 Spikes per foot on all sizes
- Spike Material: Heat treated 400 series stainless steel
- 2 Year Warranty
- Tote Sack Included
- Additional Information