The easy-to-use MICROSpikes are a grippy, durable, slip-on traction system made with a series of strategically placed stainless steel spikes connected to a dynamic stainless steel flex-chain with a tough elastomer shoe harness. The 3/8 inch long spikes and flex-chain combine to dig into the ground and grip on all types of terrain from ice and packed snow to wet rocks, concrete and scree. Unlike traditional pocket traction devices, Kahtoolas MICROSpikes are extremely durable, securely attach to footwear, provide solid grip and require no special buckles or straps to secure them.
- Quick, easy-to-use, no straps
- Grippy 3/8 stainless steel spikes
- Secure elastomer shoe harness
- Street, Trail and Mountain
- Lightweight: 354g per pair (M)
- Durable flex-chain prevents snowballing
- Flexible at -76 degrees Fahrenheit
- Walking, Hiking and Running
- 1 year guarantee
- Must have for early and late season hiking in the Northeast Review by igmaino
Since picking them up I often hear others mutter, "We really need to get some of those" as I fly by them on the way up and down peaks in the Greens, Whites and Adirondacks. They've proven very durable even after miles of hiking on rocky slabs and boulders.
I often wear them over my trail runners and they even fit over my large winter boots. These are seriously a must have if you do any hiking in the Northeast on the shoulder seasons when you are likely to encounter ice on your route.
Just buy them, stick them in your pack and never look back. (Posted on 10/15/2012)