One look at KÜHL's exclusive new Women's Spyfire™ Hoody ultralight Down Jacket and you realize it is different by design, construction, and features than any down sweater that has come before it.
The shell fabric is sourced from a superior Japanese mill that uses a high 24 filament 20 denier ultra-fine nylon yarn (for a softer hand feel and higher tear strength). The yarn is then woven into an extremely dense weave that provides both excellent down-proof-ness and increases the already higher tear-strength. The 800 fill (certified non force fed / not “live plucked”) goose down is also body mapped: Different size baffles create superior warmth where you need it, while the smaller baffles reduce bulk for layering under a shell.
The precision 3-D fit naturally follows the body and the intricate patterning and construction eliminate the binding which is typically found on the inside side seams of ordinary down sweaters. You almost forget you have it on, it’s such a natural, comfortable fit.
Four unique fabrics differentiate the KÜHL Spyfire from all others. Each fabric is engineered for a specific purpose. The soft shell reinforced fabric on the shoulders allow you to shoulder skis with sharp edges that would shred any ordinary down sweater. Light weight underarm knit fabric panels provide greater comfort in a wide variety of temperature by allowing heat to escape when you are more active.
The Spyfire features 2 zippered chest pockets 2 zippered hand pockets and 1 zip pocket on your sleeve as well as an inside mesh pouch pocket giving you plenty of options for storing your essentials. KÜHL has thought out every detail including the custom reflective ribbon that lies just under the zippers that serves 2 functions. First, it prevents the zippers from catching on the ultra-fine nylon fabric and second, when left open the reflective yarn on the ribbon creates added visibility.
The hooded version has a unique 5 panel design that lays flat when not in use and also has multiply adjustments on both the hood opening and well as the back that allow you to customize the fit.
- Water resistant & windproof 20D with 24 high filament nylon shell for a softer hand feel and higher tear strength. The high filament yarn is woven into an extremely dense weave that provides both excellent down-proof-ness and increases the already high tear-strength.
- Ethical sourced 800 fill goose down certified “not live plucked” and provides the ultimate in warmth to weight ratio.
- Precision 3D design provides a more comfortable fit by naturally following the shape of your body
- Body mapping by using different size baffles to create superior warmth where you need it while the smaller baffles reduce bulk for layering under a shell
- Softshell reinforced shoulders
- Lightweight underarm knit panels
- 2 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered pocket on sleeve, and 1 inside mesh pocket
- Custom reflective ribbon
- Double layer shell fabric
- Signature 5 panel hood
- Fabric 1: 100% Nylon DWR| Fabric weight: 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex DWR| Fabric weight: 5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Fabric 3: 100* Fabric 1: 100% Nylon DWR | Fabric weight: 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex | Fabric weight: 5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Fabric 3: 100% Nylon ripstop | Fabric weight: 1.03 oz/sq. yd; 35 GSM
- Fabric Insulation: 100% Goose Down 800-fill
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Full Zip, Insulating, Quick Drying, Wicking
You may also be interested in the following product(s)