The Katana Lace from La Sportiva is similar to the original velcro closure version, but with the addition of P3® technology, which gives the shoe a downturned shape that will not flatten out over time. Like the velcro version, the Katana Lace is constructed from leather lined with Pacific in the forefoot, which provides toe knuckle comfort, and Dentex in the back to absorb sweat. Additionally, the Katana Lace has a Lorica® toe-box and an innovative powerhinge sole cutout to control and minimize forward stretch, as well as a slingshot rand to transfer power efficiently. The last on this shoe is relatively downturned, which makes the Katana Lace an excellent all around shoe for overhanging sport climbing, technical face climbing, gym climbing and bouldering.
- WEIGHT: 8.71 oz/ 247 g
- LAST: PD 55
- FIT: Tech w/ Medium-High Asymmetry
- CONSTRUCTION: Slip Lasted Tube Construction
- UPPER: Leather/ Lorica®
- LINING: Pacific (forefoot and back)
- MIDSOLE: 1.1 mm Vibram® XS Edge
- SOLE: 4mm Vibram® XS Edge™
- SIZES: 33-46 (half sizes)
- COLOR: Yellow
- Overhanging sport routes
- Gym climbing
- Technical face climbing
- Additional Information
Year No Usage No Fabric Weight No Material No Properties No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Powerful Shoe for Wrestling Vermont Schist.
- This shoe is for real and it's an absolute dream to climb in. Its super versatile, comfortable, and the fit is fantastic. Like advertised on the La Sportiva website, this shoe is an edging beast. Climbing locally here in Vermont you often find yourself edging on the small ripples that our tough schist offers up. The Katana chews up those dime sized ripples and gives you tons of confidence in your feet. Its nice to see Sportiva using the XS-Edge rubber here as it is more durable than the grip rubber and makes you feel more at ease shelling out the 165 dollars for these bad boys. In my opinion this shoe is well worth the money and compares well to the rest of the fleet of shoes in this high end category.