The cutting edge of mountain-boot technology, the Spantik (hint: it's a peak in the Karakoram Himal whose Golden Pillar is synonymous with extreme alpinism) combines all the latest, lightest materials to shave a full pound compared to the all-leather La Sportiva Nuptse double boot while still offering unimpeachable climbing performance. The Spantik is at home at altitudes up to 8000 meters, and could be used under even higher and colder conditions with the addition of an insulated overboot. Customers who buy the Spantik in our shop are often headed to Denali, Aconcagua, and similar peaks.
Feature list from La Sportiva:
- Based on the last of Sportiva's tried-and-true Nuptse, which is step-in crampon compatible, and a proven performer for north faces, winter alpinism and long periods at altitude
- Toasty inner boot features micro-perforated thermo-formable PE/Water-repellant Lorica® with Antiacqua® external coating, and a minimal outsole plate on the bottom for durability
- Innovative lacing system (FLS) for inner and outer boots allows one-handed, gloved closure, even in the most heinous conditions
- A bantamweight 5 lbs. 1 oz. per pair
ABOUT LA SPORTIVA
Innovation with passion. That’s the mantra of La Sportiva, the Italian sport shoe company from Ziano di Fiemme whose iconic yellow boots and shoes can be found on mountainsides worldwide. The majority of La Sportiva footwear is still produced in their small, 150-person factory in the heart of the Italian Dolomites, where the spirit and heritage of master alpinists like Walter Bonatti and Reinhold Messner lives on.
- The lightest and most comfortable double boot ever Review by Hans
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)