Burial isn't the only threat to your safety during an avalanche. As you are carried downhill at high speed, there is a risk that you could crash into things and endure trauma in addition to burial. That's not very pleasant, so fortunately Mammut has invented the Protection Airbag System to guard us against such perils. The unique shape of the airbag protects the wearer's head, neck and chest area from mechanical injuries and, in the event of an avalanche, ensures an optimal position by keeping the head and upper body on the surface.
If you are buying a Protection Airbag System from this page, be sure to pick up a compatible backpack and an inflation cartridge too, all of which are available here on GearX.com.
- Certified by the German safety agency TÜV SUED
- Compatible with all protection airbag backpacks
- Head on Top – the special positioning of the airbag keeps the head and upper body on the surface
- Trauma Protection – protects the wearer’s head, neck and chest area
- Fast location thanks to the bright red color
- Removable airbag system
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Weight: around 870 g (without cartridge)
- 150 liter red airbag balloon
- Airbag inflation: approx. 3 seconds
- Range of application -30 °C to +40 °C
- Easily stowable deployment handle
- Proven Snowpulse® Inflation System 2.0
- Additional Information