The Marmot Flurry pants are the most substantial synthetic-fill pants that we carry, and are meant to be worn as an outer layer in frigid weather. Reinforcements panels of high-denier nylon prepare this pant to face the rigors of the outside world, while Marmot's Thermal R Eco insulation provides much-needed warmth as temperatures dive into the single digits. Full size zips make for easy on and off once the sun comes out and the thermometer climbs again.
Feature list from Marmot:
- Thermal R Eco Insulation
- Reinforced Seat, Knees and Ankles - For Extra Abrasion Resistance
- Full Side Zips - For Ventilation and Easy On/Off
- Removable Adjustable Suspenders - Offers Custom Fit and Versatility
- Zip Fly - For Convenience
- Gusseted Crotch - For Ease of Movement
- Articulated Knees - Design Feature to Reduce Excess Fabric and Improve Mobility
- Leg Cuff Adjustment System
- Overall Weight: 1 lbs 8 oz / 680.4 g
- Main Material: 100% Polyester with Marmot Defender DWR 1.7 oz/yd
- Main Material: Softshell Double Weave 64% Nylon 20% Polyester 16% Elastane Stretch 5.9 oz/yd
- Lining Material: 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: Thermal R Eco
In April 1971, University of California Santa Cruz students Eric Reynolds and Dave Huntley were in Alaska on the Juneau Icefields on a school project in Glaciology. It was here on the glacier, amongst these students, that the idea of a Marmot club began. To become a Marmot, you had to climb a glaciated peak with another Marmot. One of the rules of the club was that everyone was president. Most of the other rules dealt with the collegiate fascination with bodily functions.
Eric and Dave went on to found Marmot Mountain Works in 1974, and through the years the company made lots of innovations in down jackets, sleeping bags, Gore-Tex apparel, and beyond. Their modest enterprise is now one of the largest and most respected outdoor gear companies in the world, distributed in over 60 countries, and it is still all about the highest-quality, innovative performance products.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Insulating