Simple, lightweight and compact, the Guides Down Vest provides essential emergency insulation when it's not being worn as a comfortable extra layer on cool days closer to home.Feature list from Marmot:
- Zippered Handwarmer Pockets - Soft Fabric to Warm Hands
- Wind Flap Behind Front Zipper - Protects Against Drafts
- DriClime® Lined Chin Guard - Moisture Wicking Fabric Protects Your Face From the Zipper
- Elastic Draw Cord Hem - For Adjustability in Serious Weather
- 27 1/2" Center Back Length for Size Medium
- Center Back Length: 27.5in / 69.9cm
- Weight: 15.2 oz / 430.9 g
- Main Material: 100% Polyester Ripstop DWR 1.6 oz/yd
- Lining Material: 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: 650 Fill Goose Down
In April 1971, University of California Santa Cruz students Eric Reynolds and Dave Huntley were in Alaska on the Juneau Icefields on a school project in Glaciology. It was here on the glacier, amongst these students, that the idea of a Marmot club began. To become a Marmot, you had to climb a glaciated peak with another Marmot. One of the rules of the club was that everyone was president. Most of the other rules dealt with the collegiate fascination with bodily functions.
Eric and Dave went on to found Marmot Mountain Works in 1974, and through the years the company made lots of innovations in down jackets, sleeping bags, Gore-Tex apparel, and beyond. Their modest enterprise is now one of the largest and most respected outdoor gear companies in the world, distributed in over 60 countries, and it is still all about the highest-quality, innovative performance products.
- Additional Information
Material Down Properties Insulating
You may also be interested in the following product(s)