There are quite a lot of lightweight down jackets on the market that bear a superficial resemblance to the Rab Microlight Alpine jacket, but be warned - it's all about the details, and some of those other down sweaters take the cheaper shortcuts while Rab makes no compromises.First, there's the fabric. Rab uses genuine Pertex® fabrics in their down garments inside and out. While other brands might substitute cheaper nylon linings on the inside of their down sweaters, Rab uses Pertex® Quantum fabric on the inside. Quantum is a very tightly woven fabric of ultra-fine polyamide yarns, which provides an excellent combination of light weight, lovely softness, and high durability. The Pertex® Microlight fabric used on the outside of the jacket is similar, and just a bit heavier for abrasion and cut resistance.
On the inside, Rab has filled the Microlight Jacket with 125 grams of 750 fill European goose down. While other brands might advertise 800, 900, or even 1000-fill power down in their offerings, Rab has quite intentionally chosen 750 fill, because it has enough structure to it to actually push against the fabric and loft up to its maximum potential, and offers you performance which is virtually indistinguishable from those extremely-high-fill-power downs without the extremely high price.
- Pertex® Microlight 30D outer shell
- 140g of 750 fill power Hydrophobic European goose down (in a size LG)
- Mini stitch-through baffles stabilise position of down
- 2 YKK zipped hand warmer pockets and YKK zipped chest pocket
- YKK front zip with internal down filled baffle
- Down-filled hood with wired peak
- Lycra bound hem and cuffs
- Stuffs away into the chest pocket
- Short cut
- Total Weight: 445g (Large)
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)