The Flatiron is proof that great things really do come in smaller packages. This pack’s clean design and mid-range size work great for just about any activity, but it’s most at home on quick backpacking trips. Just like its big brothers, the top lid, straps and hipbelt on the Flatiron are all removable so you can use a simplified and lighter version of the pack if need be. To improve access to your gear, a long vertical YKK zipper runs up the side and all the way through the top of the pack. For stashing your essentials, there are 2 zippered hipbelt pockets, 2 large stretch pockets on each side, and a large zippered front pocket. The Flatiron sports a lighter version of MHM's sturdy sYnc A.C.™ adjustable suspension system, a ventilated backpanel, and a VariCant™ dual-pivoting hipbelt for optimum load transfer and carrying comfort.
- Sync A.C.™ suspension
- Air channeled mesh backpanel
- Slide n' lock adjustable harness
- VariCant™ dualpivoting/fully adjustable hipbelt
- Large center zip pocket with internal mesh divider
- Roll-top enclosure under top lid
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Top and side panel access (side panel zipper allows pack to be opened up completely flat)
- Dual-access zippered top
- Detachable top lid converts into a small day pack
- Water-resistant clear coated mesh "dry pocket" inside top lid
- External compression straps
- 7 pockets + main compartment
- Adjustable and deployable ice axe/trekking pole loops
- Deployable bottom straps
- Volume: 42 liters
- Weight: 4.5 lbs total / 3.9lb with all removable features removed
- Fits Torso: 16-23 in.
- Fits Waist: 29-40 in.
- Number of Stays: 2
- Main Pack fabric: 315 denier ripstop Invista CORDURA® Plus, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Bottom Fabric: 840 denier Invista CORDURA® HD, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Shroud Fabric: 100 denier seam-taped Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR
- POP color: 210 denier mini diamond, Nylon 6.0, 40g PU/DWR.
- Frame Material: 3mm x 20mm 6061 tempered aluminum stay and 1.5mm HDPE framesheet
- Additional Information
Intended Use Hiking/Backpacking