The Millet LD Free Session jacket is one that we liked so much, we featured it in our home page photo for the winter of 2012. It's a luxurious, full-featured resort skiing jacket with a unique offset zipper and collar gusset that allows you to make the collar larger (for sheltering your face on the lift) or smaller so that it stays out of your way. A hefty dose of synthetic insulation and skier-oriented refinements like elastic wrist gaiters and a ski pass pocket round out the package.
Feature list from Millet:
- Adjustable fixed hood
- Off-centre waterproof main zip + waterproof collar zip with gusset for maximised comfort and ease of movement
- 1 waterproof zipped chest pocket
- 2 waterproof zipped handwarmer pockets
- 1 flapped Easy Access™ pocket
- 1 inside security pocket, MP3 compatible + 1 3D mesh
- Pocket Built-in goggles wiper
- Snow skirt fitted on stretch panel with pant-compatible connection system
- Lycra inner cuffs
- Adjustable cuffs + hem
- DRYEDGE™Stretch fabric 20 000/15 000 - 2L / DWR
- Insulation : 100% Polyester
- Lining : 100% Polyamide
- All seams heat sealed
Originally founded as a manufacturer of shopping bags and haversacks in the early 1920s, Millet gained great experience with backpack manufacturing during World War II and by 1950 was equipping the French expeditions to the Himalayas. The ascent of Annapurna by Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal in that year - the first-ever ascent over 8,000 meters - vaulted Millet backpacks to even greater prominence, and in the decades that followed they made many further innovations in the backpack field, and also branched out into mountaineering clothing, sleeping bags, footwear, and climbing ropes.
Today, after 60 years of expeditions, Millet remains faithful to its roots and offers each mountaineer, hiker, and skier the opportunity to outfit themselves head-to-toe in true French style.
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Insulating