As winter turns into spring and the warm weather returns, we see lots of customers in our store who know that they need a tent for their backpacking adventures, but aren't sure exactly which one to get. Those customers leave with a Mountain Hardwear Drifter series tent in hand more often than any other model. The Drifter owes its popularity not to futuristic materials or crazy architecture - but rather to good, old-fashioned value. There are lots of dome tents in the world that take the same general shape of the Drifter, but its mix of quality craftsmanship, pleasing aesthetics, and essential features combine to make it the most popular tent in our inventory.
New for 2013, the Drifter 3 DP model features Mountain Hardwear's DryPitch™ configuration, which allows the tent to be set up fly-first in the rain, keeping the interior of the tent dry. The included footprint allows you to set up the tent in three different configurations: rainfly only, tent body only, or the complete tent.
- DryPitch™ fly-first pitching lets you set up the tent in the rain and stay dry
- Industry leading DAC Pressfit™ poles.
- Footprint included
- DryPitch™system allows user to set up a super-light shelter using the tent fly, poles, and footprint.
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors.
- Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours.
- Gear loft (included) provides convenient storage
- Two mesh/canopy doors with dual-slider zipper for easy entry and exit
- Reflective guy-out loops, starter point and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- Mesh storage pockets
- Tent Floor: 70D Nylon Taffeta with 3000mm PU coating
- Canopy: 68D Polyester Ripstop DWR
- Fly: 75D Polyester Taffeta 1500MM PU coating
- Additional Information
Color Green Shelter Type Double Wall Tent Capacity 3 person Season 3 season Doors 2 Door Floor Area 43 sq. ft. / 4.0 m2 Tent Floor Area sq feet 43 Vestibule Area 10 sq. ft. / 0.9 m2 Floor Dimensions 93" / 239 cm long x 66" / 168 cm wide Peak Height 45" / 114 cm Number of Poles 2 Pole Material Paleria DAC Pressfit™ aluminum poles Packaged Weight 6 lb. 9 oz. / 2.96 kg. Trail Weight 5 lb. 7 oz. / 2.46 kg. Fast Pack Weight 3 lb. 11 oz. / 1.66 kg. Tent Trail Weight Oz 87 Packed Size 7" / 18 cm Diameter
25" / 64 cm Length