The Nilas Jacket is the centerpiece of the Speed Alpinism collection developed by Mountain Hardwear in collaboration with Swiss climber Ueli Steck. Designed for fast-moving, arms-up alpine climbing in cold temperatures, the Nilas packs expedition-parka-like warmth into a garment that weighs just 631 grams; some users report that they are comfortable using it as their warmest layer on Denali, where the average parka weighs well over a kilo. The Nilas is stuffed with 850-fill Q.Shield water-repellent down, so you can safely stay warm even if your hydration bladder leaks all over it in your pack. The torso is fully-baffled, while the arms are sewn through for less weight and bulk.
- Q.Shield™ down protects individual down fibers from moisture so they keep you warm even when wet
- Baffle construction for maximum loft and warmth
- One-handed hood and hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments
- Low profile, insulated hood
- Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz. / 631 g.
- Center Back Length: 30 " / 76 cm
- Additional Information
Intended Use Alpine & Ice Climbing, Backcountry Skiing, Hiking/Backpacking, Ski/Snowboard, Winter Material Synthetic Properties Insulating
You may also be interested in the following product(s)