One of the great things about summertime in the mountains is how unencumbered we are. Freed from the burdens of heavy clothing, heavy tents, and heavy sleeping bags, we can pack light and go farther, without feeling exhausted by our heavy loads. Having a light, compressible sleeping bag is an important step towards achieving this state of lightweight nirvana, and the Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 is a perfect candidate. Filled with at least 10 ounces / 285 grams of lofty 800-fill goose down and wrapped in a superlight 15 denier nylon shell, the Phantom 32 weighs just 1lb 7oz (640g) in a regular, and stuffs down to a size of 7"x10" (18cm x 25cm), so you can fit it in the bottom of your pack and still have plenty of space left over.
Feature list from Mountain Hardwear:
- Premium, 800-fill down provides outstanding, lightweight warmth.
- Performance mummy cut is snug, for maximum warmth and minimal weight.
- Tight 5" baffle spacing crfeates optimal loft.
- Lightweight two-way zipper for easy entry and exit.
- Six-chamber hood design maintains even loft around head for consistent warmth.
- Down-filled face gasket comfortably blocks drafts at the hood opening.
- Insulated draft tube with anti-snag panel prevents cold spots along the zipper.
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort.
- Single-handed drawcords simplify adjustments.
- Additional Information
Material Shell: 15D Ripstop Nylon; Lining: 20D Nylon Taffeta Insulation 800-Fill Goose Down Temp Rating 32 F / 0 C (Traditional North American); 37 F / 3 C (EN Comfort); 28 F / -2C (EN Lower Limit); 0 F / -18 C (EN Extreme) Length 78" / 198 cm (Regular); 84" / 213cm (Long) Shoulder Girth 60" / 152 cm (Regular); 62" / 157 cm (Long) Hip Girth 56" / 142 cm (Regular); 58" / 147 cm (Long) Foot Girth 38" / 97 cm (Regular); 40" / 102 cm (Long) Packed Size 7" x 10" / 18 cm x 25 cm Weight 1lb 7 oz / 640 g (Regular); 1 lb 8 oz / 680 g (Long) Zipper Type Full-length, two-way zipper Stuff Sack Included