Like rain trickling down a rock face, advanced waterproof fabric technology is trickling down from the rarefied world of $500 mountaineering shells and making its way into summer rain jackets for everyone. Mountain Hardwear's Plasmic Jacket is made of Dry.Q EVAP™ 2.5-layer waterproof fabric, which features an innovative system of channels on its inner face to disperse sweat quickly and evaporate it faster, resulting in improved breathability and a drier interior feel. This new technology has sufficiently emboldened Mountain Hardwear to forgo the inclusion of pit zips on the Plasmic, to further reduce weight. The main zipper gets an upgrade as well, as it is now a storm-flap-less Aquaguard zipper, previously found only on higher-end models.
- Dry.Q™ EVAP accelerates evaporation for more breathability and comfort
- Exposed water resistant Vislon Aquaguard center front zipper
- Fully adjustable hood with single pull adjustment system
- Cuff tabs and hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments
- Covered hand pockets
- Micro-Chamois™-lined chin guard eliminates zipper chafe
- Weight: 9.6 oz. / 273 g.
- Center Back Length: 26.5 " / 67 cm
- Body: 40D 2.5L Ripstop Nylon
- Additional Information
Material Synthetic Properties Uninsulated, Waterproof