The South Col 70 is a modular mountaineering pack that loses weight as you go up the mountain. At the start of your trip, when you are fully loaded with gear, food, and fuel, the South Col handles it all with its HardWave framesheet, alpine hipbelt, and a floating lid with a rope strap and cargo pocket. As you move upwards, you can remove all of those components and turn the South Col into a lightweight summit sack. Front and side compression straps squish it down to a reasonable size as the load decreases.
- Flexible design concept allows suspension and bag components to be removed to significantly reduce weight when not needed
- Versatile Alpine suspension provides outstanding stability, comfort and support
- Highly functional Alpine Compression Strap System with glove-friendly buckles secures overloads, effectively shrinks pack to minimal volume, and tucks away inside front panel pocket when not needed
- Skirt extension adds 500 cu. in. / 8L of carrying capacity when needed
- FlapTop design allows pack to be used without the top lid with no compromise in compression or weather-protection
- Durable Dyneema front panel offers lash points for all kinds of mountaineering gear
- Removable top pocket has webbing loops on top and rope strap underneath
- Ski-friendly feature set including ski loops and shovel space in front pocket
- Can be upgraded to optional BMG low-profile FitLock hipbelt for extra support with very heavy loads
- Small: 3975 cu. in. / 65 L
- Medium: 4275 cu. in. / 70 L
- Large: 4575 cu. in. / 75 L
- Small: 3 lb. 9 oz. / 1.62 kg.
- Medium: 3 lb. 12 oz. / 1.70 kg.
- Large: 4 lb. / 1.82 kg.
- Small: 15.0 in. - 18.0 in. / 38 cm - 46 cm
- Medium: 17.0 in. - 20.0 in. / 43 cm - 51 cm
- Large: 19.5 in. - 22.5 in. / 50 cm - 57 cm
- Small: 27 in - 31 in / 69 cm - 79 cm
- Medium: 30 in - 35 in / 76 cm - 89 cm
- Large: 34 in - 39 in / 86 cm - 99 cm
- Medium: 30 in X 14 in X 13 in / 76 cm X 37 cm X 34 cm
- Large: 32 in X 15 in X 14 in / 81 cm X 38 cm X 36 cm
- Additional Information
Intended Use Alpine & Ice Climbing, Hiking/Backpacking, Winter Properties Compression