If you're looking for a stove that offers delicate simmering performance so you can cook your meal just right and serve it up on the picnic table against a beautiful backdrop of a lake in summertime - you've come to the wrong stove. The MSR Reactor is an all-out, maximum-power water boiling and snow melting machine. For alpinists who want to whip up something hot and fast in inhospitable environments, the Reactor is the way to go.
The Reactor uses MSR's Auto-Start ignition, which fires up the stove with the push of a button, and the stove system's burner utilizes both convective and radiant heat for greater heat output. The integrated heat exchanger is fused right into the 1.7-liter pot and completely encloses and locks in the radiant burner to provide total wind protection.
An internal regulator equalizes fuel pressure for consistent flame output in all temperatures, meaning youll be boiling that last liter of water nearly as fast as the first. The Reactor boils its first liter of water off a full canister in less than three minutes and its last liter from the end of a canister at three and a half minutes, a marginal performance difference. And since it burns 22 liters of water per 8-ounce canister, youll be carrying less fuel overall.
- Integrated System: State-of-the-art stove and high-efficiency cookware are combined into a compact, self-contained and easy-to-use system.
- Unrivaled Boil Time: Outperforms the competition in head-to-head lab tests—boiling .5 liter of water in just 1.5 minutes—with an even greater advantage out in the real world.
- Unmatched Wind Protection: Heat exchanger completely encloses radiant burner head, virtually eliminating the effects of wind to maintain outstanding boil times and save fuel.
- Maximum Efficiency: Patent-pending radiant burner, heat exchanger and internal pressure regulator produce best-in-class, fuel-sipping efficiency in all conditions.
- Compact: All systems are self-contained, fitting the stove and fuel inside the pot. (1.0L Reactor System nests optimally with MSR's new, smaller-diameter 4 oz. canisters.)
Note: Fuel canisters sold separately.
|Weight||1 lbs 1.5 oz / 496 g|
|Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister||Appx. 80 minutes|
|Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter||3 minutes|
|Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister||22 liters|
|Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 1 oz. of fuel||2.8 liters|
|Country of Origin||Stove made in USA, Pot made in Thailand|
- High performance stove Review by Chauncey GearX
(Posted on 8/12/2013)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)